Robert Triggs / Android Authority
- Samsung is rolling out One UI 5.1.1 and One UI 5 Watch to extra Galaxy units.
- The updates will carry 4 new options to those units.
- Samsung will launch the updates tomorrow.
Samsung’s One UI 5.1.1 replace is designed with the corporate’s foldables and tablets in thoughts, which is why it debuted on the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5. However now Samsung is opening up the replace — and One UI 5 Watch — to extra Galaxy units.
Samsung has introduced that One UI 5.1.1 and One UI 5 Watch are rolling out globally to older foldables, tablets, and smartwatches.
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Z Fold 4 would be the first of the older units to get the replace. They are going to be adopted by the Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3, Z Fold 2, and Z Flip. As for tablets, the Galaxy Tab line from the Tab S8 right down to the Tab S6 Lite, in addition to the Tab A8, Tab A7 Lite, Tab Energetic 3, and Tab Energetic 4 Professional may even get the replace. And the Galaxy Watch 5, Watch 5 Professional, Watch 4, and Watch 4 Traditional will get One UI 5 Watch.
Sadly, these units gained’t get the entire perks that include Samsung’s newest replace. They’ll solely obtain just a few choose options. These One UI 5.1.1 options embody:
- Customized panel administration: Customers can select to point out or cover their panel when in Flex Mode and may now see the media play bar inside the Flex Mode panel when watching movies.
- Simpler multitasking: Looking the web is now a smoother expertise for Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, and Tab S8 when concurrently watching content material. Customers additionally get a extra intuitive Multi Window follow, along with a drag-and-drop motion. And Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Tab S8 customers may have new additions to the taskbar that permits for switching entry with as much as 4 current apps.
Whereas One UI 5 Watch will present the next options:
- Sleep capabilities: Older Galaxy smartwatches will now have Sleep Rating Components, Sleep Consistency readings, Sleep Animal image analyses, Sleep Teaching entry, and Sleep Mode’s invisible LED infrared sensor.
- Health instruments: Galaxy Watch house owners can now make the most of the customized Coronary heart Price Zone, Irregular Coronary heart Rhythm notification, Observe Run, and customized exercise options. Watch5 Professional wearers have entry to the GPX File Database to discover new exercise routes.
- Watch faces: Watch 5 and Watch 4 customers will get entry to extra watch faces.
A few of the notable options that gained’t be making their approach to these older units are Fast Share contact sharing and safety, pores and skin temperature measurements, and some digicam and gallery options. Samsung says these updates will start rolling out tomorrow.